Monday, December 21, 2020

Frisky Frolic: It's Beginning...


'To Look A Lot Like Christmas...'

I tend to start celebrating the holidays earlier than most.  I don't mean fully decorating or putting up my Christmas Tree, I still haven't got that up!  But, in about mid-November I brought in some branches, put up some white lights and hauled out a few winter decorations and my snow globes with the snow sculpture and the red cardinal.  


It was about that same time FH started inching towards holiday related posts.  Although the hunks in Santa hats came later,  my 12 Days holiday hunk series began about the same time in mid-November and the countdown to Christmas was on.  I don't know about you, but there are certain things, and certain signs that really have it looking, and feeling, a lot like Christmas.  For me, it's when I hear from JayBee from Frisky Frolic about his latest holiday shoot.


JayBee was really one of the first photographers that I found, that I really thought was as crazed about holiday imagery as I was.  I'll never forget first discovering his Flickr page and finding naked ghosts and goblins, a slew of sexy Santa's and models with furry Easter bunny ears as their only form of fashion.   JayBee's imagery has helped FH celebrate almost every holiday of the year since 2012.  Although a move across country created a temporary hiatus, I was thrilled when JayBee shot me a message on Instagram earlier this year letting me know that Frisky Frolic was back!


What I love so much about JayBee's work is explained clearly in his brand name of Frisky Frolic.  His images are spotlighting the fun, tapping into the excitement and joy we all felt about holidays when we were kids.  I especially love JayBee's ability to so skillfully tap into that creative imagination we all experienced as kids.  That wonderment of being in our fifth grade art class in the middle of December gluing cotton balls onto a paper plate to represent Santa's fluffy white beard.


So, while the folic may take us back to fifth grade, and the anticipation we felt as Christmas approached, the frisky is a little more adult.  JayBee combines that childhood wonder, with a mature erotic edge.  Although the images may appear to be straight forward, they are holiday, but with an erotic edge and a Frisky Frolic twist.


In this series, the adorable Ezra at first,  looks so sweet posing in Santa's sac.  it soon becomes clear however, Ezra has more than visions of sugar plums dancing in his head.  His head is more focused on Jeff, his late night hookup who just arrived.  Ezra tries to be nice, but at night, he veers more towards naughty.  Ezra is fine with taking his chances with 1 day of  receiving coal.  Especially if it means the other 364 days are filled with frisky fun.



No comments: