Thursday, December 24, 2020

The Naughtiest of Elves? Abel by John Kale


'It's just nice to meet another human who shares my affinity for elf culture.'
Buddy

I'm not sure Abel is really the naughtiest Elf, but he is the Elf, (model) whose name and images came up the most when I was scouring the naughty list.  By list, I mean the sites I usually check out when I'm looking for images for a particular theme.  These images of Abel Rey came from searching through the long list images with the #naughtylist on Instagram.

A few minutes into my search, I began to notice one particular ELF seemed to come up more than others.  Now in part, it might because this particular ELF is so damned photogenic.  It also could be that Abel's worked some of my favorite photographers.  Some of you might remember my previous piece from last year featuring Abel's work with Richard Rothstein. (Up, Up & Away)


In addition to the shots of Abel you enjoyed on the previous page, there were also a collection images from Connecticut based photographer John Kale.  John's two favorite subjects to shoot are landscapes and people, and he when he can, John loves to shoot outside against interesting landscapes.  

I spent quite a bit of time enjoying John's Instagram portfolio and although I love his location work, I was particularly taken with his approach to shooting models within the studio.  Although John utilizes props and fashion, and often utilizes unique creative concepts and holiday themes, John always ensures the  model is front and center and with their look and personality in focus. John's images don't just capture Abel's potent physique, but also his mischievous elfish side and the twinkle and sense of fun within his eyes.



No comments: