Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Erotic Haze: Joe Dallesandro in La marge


'Sigismond is a man lost in an erotic haze which clouds his judgment.'.




For me, actor Joe Dallesandro's nude scenes are a little like those chocolate eggs left by the Easter Bunny.  Every time I think I've found the last one, another one magically pops up.  I was introduced to this particularly beautiful egg by Alberto, a poster at DC.  I'd hadn't heard of 1976's La marge (The Streetwalker)  before, and welcomed the introduction. Certainly, growing up in the eighties, I'd heard of Dallesandro's co-star Sylvia Kristel, and actress I often associated with my early memories of seeing male skin on late night television.  Kristel appeared in the Emmanuel series and of course Lady Chatterley's Lover


Early in the film, it is evident that Sigismond (Dallesandro) has a physically passionate relationship with his wife, with whom he has a son. While on a business trip to Paris, he comes under the spell of a famous, beautiful prostitute (Sylvia Kristel) who resembles his wife. However, his efforts to monopolize her attention are not appreciated by her pimp, and he is severely beaten. When he gets a letter informing him of the death of his wife and son, he is totally devastated.


If you want to see the movie in full, it's available on the great RareLust site.  The download is slow, but also free and worth the wait for hard to find films you want to see.


No comments: