Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Simon MacCorkindale in Falcon's Gold


 An archaeologist travels to Mexico to investigate rumors of the discovery of the ancient statue of a fertility goddess.


What does 1982's Falcon's Gold  (Robbers of the Sacred Mountain) have in common with Mare of Easttown, well nothing really.  But... one could argues, without Falcon's Gold, there may never have been a Mare of Easttown or any other original show or movie on cable.


Back in the early 80's, HBO, Showtime and Cinemax were mostly playing movies after their run in the theatres.  In 1982, Showtime's Falcon's Gold has a small place in history as being the very first film shot exclusively for a cable network.  It was a big deal at the time and it's success led to many original movies and television shows and the TV landscape we have today.


Last month, when I profiled actor Simon MacCorkindale, (HERE:) I thought I caught all of his nude scenes.  I'd forgotten about his 'cable rated' skin in Falcon's Gold.  Simon doesn't show much, but he looks pretty fetching with his come hither look laying in the hot tub.  Simon also is forced to put on a loincloth for a homoerotic fight.  I added some videos from the film, but apologize, I could not get the sound to work when I made the clips.

<

No comments: