Friday, September 24, 2021

How You Doin'?


Many of the themes I explore on FH are done intentionally.  Some of them however, have arisen more organically and without intent.  As I've gotten older, I've found myself looking at many models and performers very differently over time.  One of them is actor Matt LeBlanc.  


When I first started watching Friends, I was still in my teens.  Matt Leblanc was older than I was and I when I first started watching the show, I found little to  nothing really that visually appealing about him.  I also wasn't a huge fan of his character Joey. My favorite characters on the show were Phoebe, Chandler and Monica, Joey would would have been last on the list.


Since watching the Friends reunion earlier this year, I've found myself more inclined to check out the odd repeat when they air.  Last week, I watched The One With The Flashback from the shows third season.  In the episode, many of the characters are introduced to LeBlanc's Joey for the first time.  Monica finds him incredibly hot which leads to Joey mistaking her invitation for some 'ice tea' as a signal she wants to have sex. 


For some strange reason, for the first time, I could see the actor, and the characters attraction.  When Joey stripped down in Monica's living room, he looked incredibly hot.  Although he's older and has put on a bit of weight, LeBlanc is still a handsome man.  I don't think I noticed however, how beautifully structured his face was when he was on Friends.


Red Shoe Diaries

Lookin' Italian (1994)


I think because I was younger than the actor and character when I first started to watch, I didn't necessarily appreciate his appeal.  Watching now, I'm older than both the actor, and the actor during the time that he filmed the show in the 1990's.   It's always fascinating to me to see the changes in perspective, and the many actors I never really noticed that much when I was younger.  

Friends

When I was in my teens and twenties, I was usually only attracted to men about the same age as I was.  Now that I'm older, I appreciate and notice men both younger and older than I am.  I'm enjoying my current more extensive view.

The One With The Flashback

No comments: