Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Playing With The Boys


'Fans of the original Top Gun’s immortal beach volleyball scene will be relieved to hear that our new heroes find time to play shirtless football on the sand. '


I used to be a magazine freak, spending far too much money buying dozens every week.  Now, I usually only buy one or two magazines a month, usually Entertainment Weekly and once in awhile, an issue of Vanity Fair.  In the latest issue that I bought, I turned the page to find this incredible spread by photographer Nick Riley Bentham.


The images, taken on the Paramount back lot were promoting the new cast members joining Tom Cruise in Top Gun: Maverick.  I recognized two of the faces right away.  I love me some Glen Powell who I've featured previously on the site.  (HERE:) I also just featured actor Jay Ellis in a recent Horror Hunks post. (HERE:) Joining them for the shoot were co-stars Monica Barbaro, Danny Ramirez and Lewis Pullman. (Yes, Bill's son)  I wasn't really looking forward to the film, but these images certainly have me wanting to take a look. 


'The younger actors worked out and skipped carbs for months to prep—and did some last-second moisturizing so their muscles would glisten. “I was eventually cut off from the baby oil,” says Powell. After sunset, the cast celebrated with wings, tater tots, and beer, but later learned they had to shoot the scene again. “We were devastated,” Ellis says with a laugh. Moviegoers everywhere will thank them for their service.'

(l-r) Ramirez, Pullman, Powell and Ellis

No comments: