Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Prime-Time Supporters: Paul James


'Hey Tour de France.'


So FH readers know that normally, when it comes to new television shows, I'm often running late.  Usually, when I see a show I like, I DVR it, or watch it months later On-Demand.   My undying love for Vanessa Bayer however, has me watching I Love That For You, as soon as SHOWTIME releases it's new episodes each weekend. 


I loved Vanessa on Saturday Night Live and have followed her career ever since.  I've been looking forward to her new show on SHOWTIME since first hearing about it months ago.  In I Love That For You, Bayer plays Joanna Gold,  a host on the shopping channel SVN (Special Value Network) who uses her childhood cancer to help solidify her new job and on-air persona. 


Much like this writer, Joanna began crushing over production assistant Jordan Wahl from their very first meeting.  Jordan is played by actor Paul James, and on a network full of wannabes, Paul seems the only sweet one on the payroll.  Many of you may know Paul from his roles on Torchwood, The Last Ship and Greek, and his his nude scene in last seasons re-boot of HBO's Gossip Girl.

Again, like Joanna, my crush turned to full on lust after watching Jordan change his shirt after arriving to work on his bike. Bayer and actor Paul James are certainly highlights, but the cast is full of talented scene stealers.  Molly Shannon and Jennifer Lewis are fantastic and actor Matt Rogers is hilarious as Patricia's (Lewis) assistant.  If you haven't checked it out yet, and enjoy Bayer's unique and hilarious comedy style, the show is just four episodes in with the fifth coming this weekend.

Greek


Gossip Girl

No comments: