Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Quaternate: Jack Saul Photography


There are certain themes and concepts that consistently arise whenever I featured the work of photographer Jack Saul.  I was first drawn to the London based photographer back in 2015 after seeing his work in the Model Mayhem pic of the day contests.  I was drawn to the honesty and raw eroticism within Jack's imagery and unique selection of models that Jack worked with.


Jack's up close and personal way of shooting also frequently brings out unique aspects of his model's personality that not every artist chooses to capture.  As you can clearly see, Jack shoots many stunning images and elegant poses, but I often find myself drawn to the fun, sometimes even silly sides of the models in front of his lens.  


Although He knows what he wants from a shoot, Jack also encourages his models to improvise and have fun utilising the spaces and locations they're shooting in. This can lead to Jack snapping various goofy facial expressions and sometimes award body movements as the models get into the perfect pose.  These images are often my favorites and one of the reasons I'm continually drawn back to Jack's extensive portfolio. 




Jack Saul on FH:

2020-2022


2017-2020



No comments: