Monday, October 3, 2022

Kudos to Astin & Teller

I had a sort of reunion with actors Miles Teller and Skylar Astin on Sunday night. It wasn't planned, but it turned out all right.  I didn't watch the season premiere of Saturday Night Live on Saturday night, instead, I DVR'd and watched early Sunday night.  I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it.

Actor Miles Teller looked really hot, and was really good in most of the sketches he appeared in.  A highlight was his spot-on Eli Manning in the shows cold open.  Teller looked so much like Manning that I wasn't sure for a second it was him.  She show lost a little steam mid-way through, but given how sub-par it's been of late, the season premiere was  promising. 

After my SNL viewing, I finally watched the concert reunion of Spring Awakening.  I saw some of it earlier this year when it was first released, and enjoyed the cast performance on this year's Tony Awards.  I had it on my DVR and decided I should really watch it before I deleted it.

 I'm really glad I did, as I really enjoyed it and remembered why I loved so much of the score.  I was always so focused in the past on Jonathan Groff that I sometimes ignored the rest of the cast.  I really gained an appreciation for the ensemble with this airing, especially the incredibly talented Skylar Astin.  I might just have to check out his new fall show...


21 And Over

When I turned off my television, I remembered that Teller and Astin had co-starred together in the 2013 comedy, 21 And Over.  The movie was rather forgettable, but the extended hazing scene, with both actors wearing only gym socks covering their junk, was certainly memorable, and worth checking a second look at. 

No comments: