Friday, November 4, 2022

Bringing His Best: Marvin by Bob Burkhardt


 'Marvin brings his best to every shoot.'


As for Marvin's many different looks, it makes sense given he is also an artist.  As a tattoo artist in Atlanta, Marvin is experienced with creating change through art and design.  For many, getting inked is an incredibly personal event, one where the change is often emotionally based and unlike hairstyle and hair length, for most, is also distinctly permanent. 


How did you first connect with Marvin? 
Marvin worked in a salon in my neighborhood. I knew when I first saw him that I wanted to photograph him 

What did you first notice about his look? 
He has beautiful eyes. I was immediately drawn to him. 


How did discussions about the shoot go?
We met 10 years ago so I'm not sure how the discussion went. He knew my work and was as anxious to work with me as I with him. As I remember, he was open to nudes, very comfortable in his own skin

Were all the clothes brought by Marvin's? 
In this shoot, we both brought clothes to the shoot. 


What was Marvin's modeling experience? 
Other than working with me, I'm not sure but we have shot at least four times. 

How was Marvin to work with?
Marvin is always a pleasure to work with. Marvin brings his best to every shoot. 


How comfortable was he with the nudity? 
Very comfortable 

What were your favorite things about working with Marvin? 
I'd say his kindness and compassion. He is always good to be around.





No comments: