Monday, January 16, 2023

The Friendly Orderly


'Like you, I didn't fit in with the other children. Something was wrong with me. All the teachers and the doctors said I was... Broken.'

I know I'm almost a year behind, but I just started watching the forth season of Stranger Things last weekend.  I love the show, but sort of forget between seasons how much I enjoy it.  I wasn't really that motivated to start season 4, but I've been loving every minute since I finally started.


The Duffer Brothers are really quite extraordinary story tellers and directors, especially how they weave together so many stories, so many characters and so many locations, themes and moments.  As with previous seasons, the enjoyment comes in part with how the writers and creators will eventually bring them all together in the final episodes of the series.

With Johnny Depp in Sweeney Todd

The cast is stellar as always, and my favorites continue to be Gaten Matarazzo and Joe Keery.  I love the characters together and their relationship always provides some comedy throughout the horror and drama.  Sadie Sink is also a stand out this season, and enjoyed her character more than I did in previous seasons.


The male cast is looking better than ever and Joe Keery gets an extended shirtless scene, swimming, fighting and just looking hot and sweaty as he battles many demons.  There are also some great new additions I may feature later and it's also nice to have Dacre Montgomery back, if only briefly. 


I think my favorite new addition is model turned actor Jamie Campbell Bower who plays, among others, the friendly orderly.   I won't spoil it if you're behind like I was, but the mysterious orderly has more on his mind than just keeping an eye on Dr. Brenner's charges.  Check out more of Jamie, and his rear nude scenes in a few historical dramas on the NEXT PAGE HERE:



No comments: