Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Another Lacy Look:

'The best of us don’t know when we’re being cruel or inappropriate, and that’s Shane, he thinks he’s just talking or telling you the truth.'


I know, I know, I'm late to the party, very late.  Sure I saw caps and clips of Marry Bartlett dining on Lukas Gage, but I didn't watch The White Lotus until last weekend.   Not sure what took me so long, I knew I'd enjoy it.  I think sometimes I purposely avoid shows I know I'll enjoy until a time I really need a good binge and escape.


There's not really much I can write about the show's first season that hasn't already been said on every other site.  I'll just say thank you to Mike White for his writing, directing and incredible casting.  Although I hated most of the characters, (in a good way) I love every actor cast.  My favorite storyline was that of couple Shane and Rachel.


I crushed over both, actress Alexandra Daddario and actor Jake Lacy.  I've been a fan of Lacy since first seeing him the 2010 sit-com, Better With You.  I previously featured Jake on FH, (HERE:) after loving his turn as Ron in the not talked about enough Fosse/Verdon

If you've followed Lacy's career, you know he's not only incredibly talented, he's also a bit of a chameleon.  Lacy weaves in and out of different looks, and different characters with ease.  I always recognize Lacy when I see him on screen, yet because he's so good, I often have to Google to ensure it's him.   Lacy was so good in White Lotus, he had me, and I'm sure many of you, crushing over a pretty unlikable character.

I'm Dying Up Here

Jake Lacy on Instagram

The White Lotus

No comments: