Thursday, September 28, 2023

King James:


But I don't care cuz all I wanna do, 
Is cash my check and drive right home to you


I actually started a post on Kevin James and King of Queens over a decade ago.  I started it, then abandoned it, leaving it on the blog in draft form.  I went back to it this week after the meme of James went viral.   Although I can't say I loved the sit-com, it was mostly something I had on in the background, I was always a fan of James.


I remember watching The Today Show years ago and heard Hoda Kotb describe liking 'big burly' guys and using Kevin James an example of a big guy who was sexy.  I remember thinking James was simply just sexy, and it had nothing really to do with his size.  James has a handsome face, and was always really photogenic.  Over the years, his weight went up and down on the show, but his handsome face and charisma never waned.


James appeal made up for many weak scripts over the years.  He also held his own against Leah Remini, who often plowed her way through scenes.  Leah's character Carrie started off like many sit-com wives, the nice and pretty one.  By the time the show ended, Carrie had turned into someone so unlikable, anything Doug did to cope with her bossiness was alright with the audience.


Being a network sit-com, there wasn't a lot of skin on the show, but there were several times that James and his cast mates were required to shed their IPS driver uniforms.  One of the most fun was the season three episode, 'Work Related.'  There were a lot of practical jokes going on, and one, was asking Doug to post for the Men of IPS Calendar.   Doug ends up getting hit on by the photographer, but only as a joke set up by his co-workers.


'Wrap those linebacker meat hooks around me, and pull me into da huddle.'



Multiple Plots (season 6)

Although he only made a few appearance, the show always seemed to get the studly Angelo Pagan, (aka Leah Remini's husband) out of his clohtes.


Victor Webster and Gary Valentine

Doug trying to turn off new perspective friends

No comments: