Thursday, September 28, 2023

Reward Challenges:

When I was a kid, I used to get so excited about the premieres of new shows in the fall.  I loved the TV Guide fall preview issue, the ads, the promos, the new and returning show.  This year, with the writers and actors strike, I realized how little I currently watch on network television.  Except for a couple of sit-coms, Abbott Elementary and ocassionally Bobs Hearts Abishola, the only network show I really watch is Survivor.

I always look forward to a new season of Survivor, and watched enjoyed the first episode of season 45.  I know the networks are trying to fill their prime-time hours, but I'm not sure the show needs 90 minute episodes.  I liked the quick pace of 60 minutes, and already sense I'll be recording so that I can fast forward through all the filler.

I learned long ago not to judge a book by it's cover, and also learned not to judge a Survivor player by their official cast photo and bio.  This year, no one in the cast really drew me in when the players were first announced.  After episode one however, I was drawn to, and crushing over a couple.  I really like 22 year UPenn student Drew Basile.  I think Basile might just end up being his season's unexpected sex symbol...  we'll see...

Austin Li Coon

26 year old Austin Li Coon has a great smile, and certainly provided the eye candy in the first episode.  Every season, the show gives us a few scenes, (usually in the first few episodes) of a few of the players in their wet boxer briefs.  Austin got that edit in the first episode while searching for an immunity idol.

No comments: