Thursday, October 26, 2023

Slasher of a Sequel


'There's a killer on campus, making more calls, making more kills.'


When it comes to the Scream movies, most fans agree.  When listing their favorite s in the franchise, Scream 1 and Scream 2 are usually in the top two spots.  Both are directed by Wes Craven, and both feature the fab three with Neve Campbell, David Arquette and Courtney Cox.  Although I loved the original Scream, my favorite in the series is definitely the sequel. 


The story is strong, and the supporting cast top notch, especially a great turn by the brilliant Laurie Metcalf.  I also especially loved the extended scene featuring Sarah Michele Gellar.  In hindsight, especially given how insufferable she's become, the opening sequence, featuring Jada Pinkett-Smith, is now, that much more satisfying. 


I also have to admit I enjoyed actor Jerry O'Connell in the film.  I enjoyed Jerry as a child actor, but he's since become more of a tv personality and celebrity than an actor.  I'm not sure if it's because the acting roles dried up, but his focus is now more on his role as a talk show host, and  game show hosting.


When I was deciding on a subject for a Scream focused Actors & Skin post, I went back and forth between Skeet Ulrich, Schreiber, or even Timothy Olyphant who had a small role in Scream 2.  After doing some much needed nudity resume research, I decided it had to be Jerry.  Check out my Actors & SKIN Feature on Jerry HERE: 

No comments: