Friday, November 10, 2023

William Zabka: Postscript

I have to acknowledge, that I'm not really a huge fan of William (Billy) Zabka's work.  I didn't really love The Karate Kid, nor have I caught any of Cobra Kai.  My zeal for Zabka came after seeing him after a family trip to the video store when I was a kid.  One of the movies we returned with was the 1986 comedy Back to School

Contract for Life: The S.A.D.D. Story (1984)

When I got a little older, I notice some of Zabka's shirtless pin-ups in old teen magazines, and promo shots for his projects including these promotional shots shots with actor Stephen Macht for the 1984 CBS School Break Special, Contract for Life: The S.A.D.D. Story. (1984)  Given the story was about drunk driving, I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but there is something highly homoerotic about the shots.  They'd be perfect for a Carnal video, if Carnal was making younger/older videos in the 1980's. 

This past September, I did a 12 Days post featuring Billy in his red speedo from Back to School. (HERE:)  When I was searching for shots for the piece, I ended up with a few extra shots of William that weren't from movie, and didn't fit into the piece.

The Karate Kid

Some of the shots were from the 1985 comedy, Just One of the Guys.  This was another flick I saw on VHS when I was a kid.  Some of you may remember the film, a high school female student pretends to be a boy.  The premise for why she did it was a bit flimsy, but it was an enjoyable watch.


Just One of the Guys

I posted about the film before, but looking for shots of William, had me thinking it was time to give it another look.  Check out my caps and clips, as well as one of William's cute co-stars from the film, who's nudity resume needed some further investigation.  Check it out on the NEXT PAGE HERE: 

No comments: