Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Prime Time Supporters: Casey Siemaszko


Last month, I took a deep dive into the 'male stripper' episode of The Facts of Life.  (HERE:)  I was intrigued and motivated because of all the real life strippers who appeared in the episode.  The show airs nightly on one of my retro channels, and I've continued to watch an episode here and there, the most recent being the season six episode Smile. 


The episode centered on Natalie, and how she was hiding all of her problems from her new boyfriend Brian.  Worried he might leave if she's not happy and smiling all the time, she actually makes thing worse by covering up.  We got to see many of Blair's boyfriends over the years on the show, but only a couple of Natalie's.  In this episode, the only episode in which we see Brian, he's played by actor Casey Siemaszko.


Siemaszko was great in the role, not to mention completely adorable.  I sort of recognized him, but couldn't place where I had seen him before.  Chances are, if you were going to movies or watching television in the 1980's and 1990's, you know the face, and the actor as well.

Breaking In (1989)

The Facts of Life was one his early roles, but he quickly starting appearing in films including box office hits including; Stand by Me, Back to the Future, (both I and II) and Young Guns.  You may also remember the adorable actor from his role in other films including; Class, Three O'Clock High Biloxi Blues, Of Mice & Men and co-starring alongside Burt Reynolds in 1989's Breaking In.  Don't worry, I've seen a few Burt Reynolds films, I didn't remember that one either...


Siemaszko also appeared in dozens of television shows in the 1980's, 90's and 2000's including most recently in shows including; Elementary, The Blacklist and Billions.  The dates on the actors resume seem to end about 2018 with a voice role in a video game.  I couldn't find any upcoming credits, but hopefully the lull was partly due to Covid and the recent strikes. 

Three O'Clock High (1987)


Young Guns (1988)

Of course whenever an actor catches my attention, I start researching their on-screen skin resume.  Sadly Siemaszko's was short, with just a brief butt crack scene in Young Guns

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Siemaszko’s sister Nina played Mona, Mrs. Madrigal’s daughter, in the Tales of the City series back in the ‘90s.