Monday, February 5, 2024

The Wrong Rodent

'Home of the rich and tasteless'

No matter how many posts that I do, FH continues to teach me things.  The latest lesson was on rodents.  When Groundhog Day was approaching, I started looking for movies which featured the theme.  I ended up choosing Caddyshack II, not really understanding that there were significant differences between groundhogs and gophers. 

A quick Google search however, let me know at although there are certainly similarities, gophers and groundhogs actually belong to two different classes of rodents. I think both are cute and visually, are usually brown and furry.  In addition, both rascally rodents are herbivores and known for digging burrows.  

Ghostbusters

There are however, several key differences. Groundhogs are bigger, stockier, and they hibernate in the winter. Gophers are smaller and have large, distinctive cheek pouches Another key difference between gophers and groundhogs has to do with their teeth. A gopher’s teeth are larger and protrude from its mouth, whether it’s opened or closed.


So, I decided I had to ditch the post on the holiday, but decided to finish it to post later.  First off, Caddyshack II isn't a great film.  If you managed to miss it after all these years, I'd continue doing so.  I loved the first Caddyshack, and remember laughing with my father while watching it on television as a kid.  I've featured the film on FH before, (HERE:) mostly due to two of of it's cast members, Scott Colomby and Michael O'Keefe. 


Sadly, the two hotties in Caddyshack II don't strip down to their speedos and undies like Scott and Michael did.  Although Brian McNamara has shown skin in the past, (HERE:) he keeps his golf shirt on in this film.  So does cutie Jonathan Silverman, who managed to show very little skin over the course of his career.   The only real skin in the movie comes in the form of actor Dan Aykroyd and his appealing and ample butt crack.


I've featured Dan's butt crack previously, (HERE:) from a sketch from Saturday Night Live.  I was too young to have seen Dan on the show, but whenever I see old images and clips, I always thought he was one of the most talented, and best looking, of the original cast.  Dan has an engaging face and a great smile, although I don't think this was one of his best roles.  Sadly, the sequel didn't really offer anything new, just a lazy copy, capitalizing on the success of the original. 

No comments: