Friday, July 24, 2026

Recked:

'Girls like Tracy never tell their parents about guys like Rourke'

Earlier this week, when featuring the nude scene from The Little Drummer Girl, I mentioned noticing a trend on TCM.  Although there seemed a time there were frequent airing of films, (both foreign and arthouse) with nudity, it felt like they backed away from that for awhile.  I'm not sure there was an official change of format, but I've noticed a return to films which push the nudity boundaries.


I was too way to young to see Reckless when it hit the theatres in 1984, but that didn't stop me from seeing it on VHS a few years after it's release.  I know I'm not the only one who paused and rewatched Aidan Quinn's frontal from the film.  Aidan's character Rourke was the epitome of a movie bad boy with Aidan being one of the hottest, and most talented, actors who rose to fame in the 1980's.


Reckless was also Quinn's debut on the big screen, and maybe one of the reasons the producers were able to get not one, but two scenes of full frontal nudity.  As some of you know, one of those frontal scenes made it to VHS, but was cropped out with the format of the DVD and Blu-ray releases.  You can see images, and watch them both in clips on the NEXT PAGE HERE:

No comments: