Saturday, October 3, 2026

Just Because: Richard E. Grant


I enjoy the US version of The Traitors, but I've always found the UK version far more enjoyable.  Given the US version didn't air an episode last week, I decided to check into the second season of the UK celebrity edition.   Although I didn't know half of the contestants, I watch a fair amount of British television, and knew about half of the actors and presenters heading to the castle.


Although there were a few young hotties, I found myself most drawn to the debonair daddy Richard E. Grant. I certain knew of the Swazi-British actor's work, Grant has appeared in several of my favorite films, including Gosford Park and on television in shows including Downton Abbey and Game of Thrones.  He was an actor I respected, but wasn't necessarily drawn to....


As he stylishly strutted through the castle however, I found myself having a wee crush on him for the first time.  In part it was his look, but in part it was excitement with being in the game.  He also tugged at my heart strings discussing his wife, who told him before his death to try to find moments of joy each day.  

Grant was certainly joyous at being on the show, and if you watched, maybe too much joy at times.  Still, he brought me joy watching and had me Googling to see if he'd had any nude scenes on his long and impressive resume.   I found just one, in one of his early movies, and thanks to xyzpdq, (Scenes of Male Skin) found a clip to share.




How To Get Ahead In Advertising (1989)

No comments: