Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Prime Time Supporters: Brodie Gallant


'You're a real asshole.'
Scotty, S&V


Last month, when looking for an actor to spotlight on Canada Day, I revisited three episode last season of Sex & Violence.  Ultimately, I chose to feature the beautiful and talented Alex Purdy who played Zach. (HERE:)  When watching however, there were several other actors, and several memorable scenes, that I wanted to spotlight. 


Model and actor Brodie Gallant appears briefly as Scotty in the shows very last episode.  In a brief scene with Finn, (Callum Dumphy) we can sort of guess that Scotty and Finn were fuck buddies, and Scotty's is ready for a repeat performance.  Ultimately it doesn't go anywhere, as neither has a place they can go to.  Given Finn is a serial killer, currently stalking young high school student Zach, Scotty probably dodged a bullet. 

When I saw Brodie in the scene, I was sure I knew him from somewhere.  Ended up, it was from his modeling work with Travis Dow from TWD Photos.  I was fortunate to have connected with Travis back in 2012, and featured his work several times in the past.  Unfortunately, Travis doesn't seem to be active on-line, and sadly, I haven't seen any new work.  I do however, continue to look and hope.

Brodie by TWD Photos

Although I never got to featured Travis' work with Brodie, I do fondly remember seeing a layout on the now closed site BeautifulMag.  BeautifulMag was a huge inspiration for my starting FH, and a site I used visit on a regular basis.  I remember the Nova Scotia models story and spread on the site, and was happy to have been able to find it again this week with the help of the Way Back Machine.





Sex & Violence (2017)

No comments: