Thursday, April 12, 2018

Prime Time Supporters: David Call


I always crushing over an actor I believe I seeing for the first time, only to discover that I had seen him in many roles before. I think it's actually a good indicator of a good actor they introduce themselves through each character they inhabit. This happened last week when I was watching my DVR recording of The Good Fight. In the March episode, (Day 422) I was introduced to Drew, the hazardous material expert called in when a envelope with strange powder is opened at the offices of Reddick, Boseman, & Kolstad.


Actor David Call played the hazmat suit wearing Drew, but even under his mask, his appeal was crystal clear. I hope that I never have a strange poisonous powder on my skin, but if I do, I hope someone as soothing, supporting and adorable as Drew comes to my rescue. If you haven't been watching The Good Fight, you really should. Given it's on CBS All Access, I know many don't get it, but it's truly one of the best dramas on television.

The Good Fight, Day 422

Fast paced, incredibly well written with great characters, The Good Fight follows Diane Lockhart, (the great Christine Baranski) forced out of her previous firm, and dealing with losing most of her retirement saving in a financial scam. Diane ends up getting a job at a prestigious African American–owned firm riling more than a few feathers.


The show manages to pull from the current political climate, while at the same time providing a addictive escape from it. Like it's predecessor, The Good Wife, The Good Fight hires amazing guest stars, including many familiar faces from Broadway.


Actor David Call, and his character Drew will also be back on the April 15th episode, hoping I will catch up by then! The Washington born actor, and Tisch School of the Arts and the Atlantic Theater Company Acting School graduate has been busy since getting his first film in 2005. Some of David's TV and film appearances include roles on, Gossip Girl, Rescue Me, Smash, Army Wives, Fringe and The Magician.

Evening (2007)

Although I didn't know it when I saw him on The Good Fight, I had indeed seen David before. One of my favorite films is the the 2007 flick Evening. Although the movie has some story issues, the incredible cast had me hooked. Evening featured Vanessa Redgrave, Toni Collette, Patrick Wilson, Hugh Dancy, Glenn Close, Clare Danes and Mamie Gummer, along with Meryl Streep, Eileen Atkins, Natasha Richardson and Barry Bostwick. Hugh and Patrick also share a quick kiss!


In one of his first film roles, David Call played Pip. With that incredible cast, Call has his first, and only I believe, nude scene when Pip jumps off a high cliff during a skinning dipping scene.


No comments: