Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Who's Watching You?

Season 1

My relationship with Big Brother goes back to the very beginning.  I was just finished school when the show kicked off in 2000, and was used to pulling all-nighters. The live feeds were free that first year, and I spent many late nights watching Eddie, Curtis, Josh and company doing pretty much nothing for hours on end.

Howie & James (2005 & 2006)

Over the past decade or so, my love of the show has dropped off considerably.  Although I still check out the casting each season, I've barely watched an entire season in years.  Last season, I watched about half of the season, the beginning, and then a few shows just near the end.  There were years, I never saw even a second, and many, I tuned out after the first checking out the first show.

(2010)

The height of my passion was the first half dozen years, and I paid to have the live feeds for both season 2, 3 and 5.  I loved watching watching season 2's Will so smoothly  manipulate his fellow house guests, and loved all thing Amy and her cheese in season 3.  I think the year I was most devoted to the live feeds was season 5.

Mark (2017)

I had a massive crush on Drew, and remember being glued to the live feeds til the wee hours of the morning, especially when those evil twins tried to manipulate the sweet Drew to do their bidding.  I was watching live when Drew, Cowboy and Jase streaked through the house, and watched in awe when Jase too his 'famous' bath, exposing all as he rolled around in the tub.


After season 5, I basically stopped watching full time, and only hit the odd season or episode after that.  The constant return of old players, and my loathing of the Donato's turned me off many summers in a row.  Crushes on two Hayden's (Moss and Voss) did have me checking in more during their seasons on the show.

Jeff, Jordan, Jessie  and Braden (2009)

Big Brother, season 22 premieres this Wednesday night, and for the first time in awhile, I'm looking forward to watching the season.  In part, it's because it's an All-Stars season.  Although most of my favorite's don't seem to be included, I enjoyed the last all All-Star season, less for the game play, than watching the relationships.  Many of the contestants have formed bonds off screen, and All Star seasons are usually much less a competition show, than race for story and air time.

Hayden (2014)

That being said, with the pandemic gutting the television landscape, and shows only timidly now starting to tip toe back into production, there hasn't been much new on TV, network TV least, in months.  Even the shows (The Flash, Riverdale) which plan to return to filming in Canada later this month, most likely won't end up back on the air until late October at the earliest.  To celebrate the shows the return, I had to compile a list of the hottest men to enter the Big Brother house.  Check them out on FH HERE:

(2016)

No comments: