Wednesday, September 22, 2021

The Heartthrob: Gleb Savchenko


Last week, in my latest edition of Actors & Skin, I featured actor Martin Kove.  (HERE:)  I chose the Cobra Kai actor after seeing publicity still from his appearance on this seasons Dancing With The Stars.  In the piece, I mentioned that I didn't actually watch the ABC dancing competition, but each season, I'm always curious what celebrities are brought on for the upcoming season.


I also key my eye on which of the male pros are brought back.  Even though I don't watch the show, I know the pros are hired based on popularity and sexual appeal as much or more than their moves on the dance floor.  All are great dancers, but some are better than others in front of the bright lights and cameras of a reality show.  Some are also better at handling the various temperaments of the sometimes dancing challenged group of 'celebrities.' 


One of the hottest, and one of the most popular male dancers on the show is Russian dancer, choreographer, and model Gleb Savchenko.  I have featured Gleb many times over the years,(HERE:)  usually because of the hots shots he takes each year underwear campaigns and for his annual calendar.


I have a folder on my desktop and it's been getting pretty full, especially after Gleb's shoot earlier this year for Mr. Warburton magazine.  The images in the magazine were hot, but so was Gleb's support for same sex couples on DWTS.  Gleb was actually hoping to have partnered with skater Johnny Weir when he was on the show but the show wasn't quite ready for two men doing the cha cha around the ballroom.  They're starting a female team this season, so there's hope for the future. Baby steps...

Gleb Savchenko on Instagram


Mr. Warburton Magazine

No comments: