Monday, November 29, 2021

The One With Chandler In A Box


'Oh, my God. How cute is the on-call doctor?'
Monica

Pretty damned cute if you ask me!  Over the last week or so, many stations have played Thanksgiving marathons.  Given Friends did Thanksgiving episodes 9 out of their 10 seasons (they skipped season 2) it's the perfect sit-com for a marathon.  The show also often had big name guest stars on their holiday episodes, including Brad Pitt, who once joined the show for Turkey and stuffing  Last week, I caught a few episodes on TBS. 


In the 1997 season 4 episode, The One With Chandler In A Box, one of the guest stars was actor Michael Vartan.  Now Vartan wasn't a big star in 1997, this was before Alias made it's debut four years later.  Vartan played Dr. Tim Burke, the eye doctor on-call when Monica has an eye emergency.  Tim ends up being the son of Richard Burke, (Tom Selleck) Monica's former boyfriend. 


I'd almost forgotten how adorable Michael Vartan was and is.  I like many, I first discovered the actor on Alias,  and have followed his career since.  It's fascinating to me the trajectory of Vartan and his Alias co-star Bradley Cooper.  Vartan appeared to be much more popular on the show, yet seems to have struggled a bit to get high profile roles after the series went off the air.


I like Cooper, but when I watched Alias, it was all about Vartan's Michael Vaughn for me.  Vartan did appear in a few hit films like Monster In-Law with Jane Fonda and Jennifer Lopez and in the creepy One Hour Photo with Robin Williams.  One Hour Photo is also known for the scene featuring Vartan's full frontal.  That had me wondering if he had any other on-screen nudity...  Well, no other full frontals, but he did have two other butt scenes in films in 1992 and 2011. Check them out on the  NEXT PAGE HERE:

No comments: