Thursday, June 30, 2022

Northern Exposure: Shane by Briancan Photography


'Modeling was a natural progression from my nudism. I went from walking in front of crowds at the beach to being a nude life model.  I always let the photographer know I'm open to most things and if they have any ideas we can talk about it. I also love any project promoting body positivity. 


To help celebrate Canada day,  my goal is always to spotlight some of my favorite Canadian artists and models.  Over the last few years, Brian from Briancan Photography has become one of my favorite Canucks to feature on the site.  I've been fortunate to feature Brian's work many times over the last few years, so when started thinking about Canada Day, I knew exactly who to reach out to.


I loved the series Brian did for New Year's Eve, (HERE:) and knew he'd find the perfect Canadian hunk to spotlight for July 1st.  Brian came through with Shane, whose openness to creative concepts, had him eager to create something to help celebrate the day.  Shane's handsome face and eyes are both friendly and engaging and his hot body lets you know that even though he's Canadian, he makes no apologies for his sexual passions and desires.  


Shane's only concern about the theme, especially given he was going to be naked, was exactly what he had on hand to celebrate the holiday.  After searching his home for anything Canadiana, all he ended up finding was a red and white maple leaf toque and a Canadian scarf.  Turns out, that's all he needed.  Anyone who know anything about Canada, knows that toques and scarves are worn in certain parts of the country all year round, with many, especially in the North and East, still getting frost warnings well into May and June.


How did the shoot come together?

Shane:
I follow Brian on IG which is where we connected. 

Brian:
My husband and I wanted to travel again and hadn’t for over two years because of Covid. thought it made sense to stay in Canada for our first trip and we both really liked Vancouver having travelled there 6 years ago  


How was it like working with each other?

Shane:
It was fun and things turned out despite the cloudy day and the hotel. Hotel rooms can be a crap shoot, especially for lighting and staging.   Brian was very easy to work with and talk to. I'm not really nervous when it comes to getting naked in front of strangers but it was good to feel a connection with regards to what he wanted in the shoot so it was easy to talk and adjust as needed. 

Brian:
Shane was terrific. I came across his profile on Instagram and since i like hairy men I thought he would be a perfect subject to photograph. He was the only model I photographed while we were away. He was easy going and we responsive to my pose requests. We didn't do any erotic shoots 


How do you celebrate Canada Day? 

Shane:
Usually with friends if we can. We tend not to have any specific plans. Just whatever comes up.

Brian
My new husband and I are going to Scarborough bluffs to hang out naked for a few hours. 





No comments: