Friday, September 30, 2022

Lights On Studio: Butt Seriously, Folks!

Zach

'The buttocks are the most aesthetically pleasing part of the body because they are non-functional. Although they conceal an essential orifice, these pointless globes are as near as the human form can ever come to abstract art.'

Wes

FH readers know well how much I love images that feature the lines and curves of the male gluteus maximus.  I'd be lying if said it wasn't, at least in part, motivated by a more carnal connection, I'm a bit of a buttaholic. That's definitely not however, the primary reason.  What's behind my passion for posterior pics is more about how, and with the right artist, they so beautifully photograph.

Cal

I know I'm in the minority, but I find that frontal images of the male form can often be rather boring.  It's clear that some photographers believe that if a penis is visible, viewers will be satisfied.  Maybe some are, but not me.  There is nothing more frustrating that seeing a series of images of a hot male model that are all penis propelled. 

Benjamin

The round curves of the male buttocks create such beautiful lines when creatively photographed and posed. If I were to choose my all-time favorite shots of the male form, back, and especially side views, would dominate the selections.  I love images which are designed and architecturally based.  When viewing images of  any home, building or structure, you want more than just to see the frontage. You want a panoramic view displaying all sides of the structure.

Darren

Photographer Tom Nakielski is without a doubt, an architecturally driven artist.  Tom's images consistently feature long lines and unique lines and body positions.  That being said, there are never enough butt shots, especially for me.  FH readers know that Tom shoots magnificent holiday themed shoots for the site.  The process usually beings a few months before each holiday or event.  


The process usually begins with choosing a theme.  I start out throwing out ideas totally unattainable, with Tom  pacifying me with replies like 'interesting' and 'wouldn't that be nice.' These comments are then followed by Tom gently letting me know that 'no, the witch can't fly, then suggesting something that would be a bit more realistic to photograph.  

Aki

Next, Tom sends his model suggestions, narrowing it down to two or three to send to me that he thinks will fit the theme. We then start the process of sending out requests, and narrowing down which model will be shooting for each specific holiday.

Michael

Once the theme is chosen, and after the model and date are set, I start to 'bug' Tom with a few suggestions.  I'm not sure I've ever missed any opportunity to throw in the line 'more butt shots'.  It's become a bit of running joke, with Tom beating me to the punch by letting me know that he's aware of how much I want those butt and side shots.

Kay

As some of you remember, I wrote a piece this last August about Tom being in the hospital, and then in rehab.  I'm please to let you all know that Tom is doing better, and is finally back home.  Although he's not back to shooting quite yet, his creative impulses have not slowed even one bit.  I didn't expect any new work from Tom for awhile, and was surprised to get a e-mail last week with a link to a folder featuring a butt buffet with close to 200 cheeky images.

Josh

The folder was titled 'Butts Galore!'.  During his time recuperating, Tom when through his extensive archive of images and chose his favorite butt shots to send me back, and I think shut me up...  Regardless of the reason, it was a gift I could get behind, and loved going through the many, many images of male muffin.  Although some of the bottoms featured are new to FH, many of the model moons, you may remember having seen before. 

Richard

Although this series features solo shoots, Tom also sent along many images from shoots featuring two models together.  As stunning as the male buttocks can look in solo, it can even more erotically captured, when two pairs of cheeks connect.  Check out those shots on the NEXT PAGE HERE:

Tyler


Ken

No comments: