Sunday, February 12, 2023

February Fantasy:

'It's one Valentine's Day he didn't forget, and one you'll always remember.'


February Fantasy
A Day of Wine & Roses
Playgirl, February 1990
Photography by Richard Broun


It's Valentines' Day, and you send the day  nervously wondering whether he'll remember.  Will he buy you a box of chocolates like he did last year (and the year before that)? Flowers perhaps, Flowers would be nice.


You arrive home from work, his card in hand.  As you open the door to your apartment, you start to smile. There he is in a tux, a bottle of champagne in one hand and a heart-shaped cake in the other.  There are a dozen roses on the table.  Your heart melts.  A sweet and sticky reward was definitely in order!


Given my love of holiday imagery, it's not surprising I loved whenever Playgirl featured a holiday pictorial.  I featured a teaser, featuring images from all that I could find in a post back in 2019. (HERE:) If anyone knows of any other Valentine themed shoots from the magazine, let me know.  


With a few exceptions, they seemed to phase them out in the 1990's.  I only wish they credited the models as I'd love the name of the cutie in this pictorial, and also love to know if he appeared in other layouts in the magazine.

No comments: