Wednesday, December 27, 2023

12 Days: Julian Haig in Dial S for Santa

'A Christmas mystery with Lana, who comes back to her hometown to visit her mom for the holidays only to encounter Nick, a new police detective, with whom she teams up to discover who is behind a string of unusual burglaries in their town.'


Although I keep my tree up too long into January, I do change the lights to clear white, and take off anything Christmas related.  I add a few silver or gold balls, and it's now a 'winter' tree until I finally take it down mid to late January.  I don't however enjoy Christmas movies, or even hot naked guys in Santa hats after the 26th or 27th.  This means, this is my last 12 Days featuring films from the Christmas sesason.


I did catch Dial S for Santa, well, the second half, while wrapping a few gifts late on the 23rd.  The holiday movie wasn't a Hallmark film, but aired on the UPtv network.  I don't get that cable channel, but one of our local channels often plays their movies after they air officially on the cable network. I really wasn't paying much attention, excepted when Nick, a hot, chiseled face police officer, popped up on my screen.


I headed to IMDB  to discover that the hot cop was played by Canadian based actor and model Julian Haig. Haig was born in Melbourne, Australia and is the younger brother of Australian actress Georgina Haig,  Julian is also the son of Russell Haig, (Hagg) who served as art director on 1971's A Clockwork Orange


After high-school Julian obtained a Bachelor Degree in Sports and Exercise Science before making the move to acting and followed in his sister's footsteps. Deciding the right move was to study full-time acting, he auditioned for the full time Program at 16th St Actors Studio in Melbourne and was accepted. 


After he graduated in 2015, he  made the move to Vancouver, Canada.  Since moving to Vancouver, Julian has busy and has appeared in a variety of Vancouver based productions.  Haig has appeared on Arrow, Once Upon A Time, and had a recurring role as Elio on the CW's Riverdale.  I stopped watching Riverdale awhile ago, but after seeing a few caps of Julian on the show, might have to finally watch those last few seasons that I've avoided up until now. 



Julian doing the 'towel' challenge


Celebrating with KJ Apa

Riverdale

No comments: