Friday, January 19, 2024

A Vintage Vantage: Blue Max Hensley


Most of the posts on FH begin with just one image, and for this piece, it's the image below.  When I was looking for covers from my 'Holiday Issue' feature last month, (HERE:) I searched several sites for images for the piece. There were several non-holiday covers that also caught my eye, including the issue of AMG's RAW below. 


The issue is from the 1970's and two things grabbed my attention.  The first of course was the cover model.  There was something about the pose and his look. There was also something about his head turning around with that scowl that I found incredibly hot.  The second was the issues tagline, 'photos the athletic model guild dared not print til now.'  Certainly an attention grabber.


A Google image search led me to discover the model's name was Blue Max Hensley, and most of the images featured here are credited to AMG's Bob Mizer.  Although most of the AMG models I've featured before were from the 50's and 60's, the studio was still producing new imagery and magazines into the 1970's. 


When looking for more on Blue Max, I discovered that I'd seen him before, but under another name.  Max also modeling under the name James Dexter.  Despite those blue eyes and that blond hair, I didn't initially connect the two, but I actually featured his 1977 Playgirl layout on FH back in 2011. (HERE:)  


Blue Max was also featured in a collection of short videos by Aaron Productions. The footage, shot between 1975 and 1978 was a series entitled 'Odds And Ends' and appears to be mostly outtakes and behind the scenes clips shot during photo shoots.  The clip below comes from a longer video posted by Alexioz Adonis Male.


The remainder of shots feature Blue Max along with model Tico Patterson for an AMG photo shoot intitled 'Voluptuous Scouts'.   The shoot reminds me a bit of a 70's version of the current Scout Boys series from Carnal. 

1 comment:

Carl Miller Daniels said...

Very Hot! I posted your link to this set on my blog (https://carlmillerdaniels.blogspot.com/). Happy Saturday! :-)