Thursday, February 22, 2024

Tanner Travels: Capturing The Moment


'Travel naked my friends!'

Back in December, I profiled Skatercakes, (A Long Winter's Night) about his self portraits and his experiences with nude hiking. (freehiking)  Although I used mostly images of Skatercakes, (Julian) inside, for the winter theme, I first discovered his work due to the many glorious shots of him hiking fully naked in the great outdoors.  In that piece, Julian mentioned that although he often venture out to hike alone, he loves joining his fellow freehiker, Tanner Travels whenever the opportunity presents itself.


Since I enjoyed Julian's shots of he and Tanner together, I had to check out more on his Utah based bare buddy, and follow him on social media.  I quickly began watching video after video and was instantly besotted by Tanner's beautiful behind.  I loved following his adventures, and joining him virtually in the many locations and places that he takes his hikes.  Initially I planned to focus on Tanner's winter walks, but there were just too many great shots to focus on just one of the four seasons. 


'I think the biggest thing that sparked my interest in getting nude for the first time in nature was just how beautiful the landscapes that I was traveling to work, and I wanted to put a touch of freedom and my own little twist to how beautiful this world is there are so many beautiful places And to be naked and free in those places even makes it more magical just to capture that moment.'


Tanner shares that he shoots about 95% himself, using a tripod to capture the location and shot he wants.  Although he certainly relies on a little help from his friends if they're with him, most of what you're seeing and enjoying, Tanner shot himself. Although he lives in shoots primarily near where he lives in Utah, his favorite place to hike requires Tanner to travel a little further from home.


'My favorite hike is probably both in Oahu Hawaii, and also Hawaii in Hawaii just some of the most beautiful landscapes Kauai Hawaii.'

These are just a few of my favorite shots from Tanner's Instagram and Twitter pages, but if you visit and follow, you'll also be treated to many stunning videos.  When I asked Tanner about the response to posting these images and videos on-line, the comments and compliments had a well shaped focus.


'Some of the best compliments are on my bum. That’s where another nudge of me posting more comes into play, because I do get people asking for more fun shots.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos. But I have to ask "How does somebody spend so much time naked in nature have tan lines?".