Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Hawkins High #12


Last year, I rushed to get caught up watching the forth season of Stranger Thing.  I'd not watched in awhile, and worried that if I didn't finish season 4, I wouldn't be caught up in time to watch season 5 when it aired.  I needn't of worried....  Like so many streaming shows, the delay between seasons has gotten ridiculous, and with the strikes last year, season 5 isn't set to return until 2025.


It's especially difficult for shows with the characters in school.  Actors can change quite a bit between the ages of 14 and 20.  I'm glad I did get caught up though, it gave me the opportunity to be introduced to some new talent, including Jamie Campbell Bower, who I profiled last year. (HERE:)  When I put together the piece on Jamie, I planned to follow it up with this piece, but my images of the hot #12 were put into a folder I only opened again last week.


Some of you might remember Hawkins High basketball player Jason Carver played by the talented Mason Dye. Jason was a big part of the early part of season 4, and seeing Dye in his Hawkins High uniform certainly left an impression on me.

Like some of you I'm sure, I was first introduced to Dye about ten years ago when he played Christopher in the Lifetime movie Flowers In The Attic.  Dye went on to appear in several Lifetime films including Stalkers Prey in 2017.  Along the way he made appearances in shows including; Major Crimes, Teen Wolf, Roommates and The Goldbergs.   It doesn't appear that Dye has worked since his time on Stranger Things, but hopefully we'll see him back on our screens again soon.

Mason Dye on Instagram

Dye with Broc Wiginton and Austin James

Flowers in the Attic (2014)

Stalker's Prey (2017)


No comments: