' It's A Working Man I am.'
Those who've followed FH for awhile know the work of Chester based photographer Male Beauty by bengie. I've been featuring bengie's work for over a decade and you can check out all of my posts featuring his work HERE:
For bengie, his home is his studio, and he shoots both inside the house, and around the property, barn and farmland. Some of you may remember that bengie previously shared the history of his home which is situated in little village in the heart of the Cheshire country side England. bengie was born and raised in the house, and experienced loss, health issues and the highs and lows we all go through in life.
I know from experience that owning an older home can be challenging. I bought an old home, a real fixer upper to renovate and resell. I ended up living there longer than I planned, and spent most of my spare time working on some project or another. There was always a staircase needing repair, something to paint, fix, upgrade or replace. I got about half of it done before selling to someone else looking for a fixer upper.
Now I didn't have hot male models dropping by to strip down for photo shoots, not that I didn't think about it. Given bengie worked from home, models traveled, often for hours, to get to his house to shoot. As you can see, given all the jobs to be done, bengie often put his subjects to work.
Not literally of course, well not that he shared, but given the location and property, it made sense visually for models to channel the 'working man' theme. When I was thinking of a shoot to celebrate Labor, (Labour) Day, I remembered how many images bengie captured of models 'working' in his home and around the property.
For those familiar with bengie's work, and his property, you'll remember that one of his favorite places on the property to shoot is the patio out back. Soo.. after a hard day of work, it's time to relax lounging, naked of course on some comfy patio furniture. Check out that series on the NEXT PAGE HERE:










No comments:
Post a Comment