Saturday, June 16, 2018

A Frequent Accomplice: Jake by Jay Alan Rickard


'At the age of 36 was offered a chance to model for a local photographer. After that experience and a few more modeling sessions I found that I was very much interested and had a passion to begin learning and practicing photography myself.'


Now before we check out Jake's work with Mykee, I thought it would be a good idea to check out more of Jake.... Jake actually met Jay Alan Rickard when he modeled for him several years ago. Jake was actually the model in the photo that was used for Jay's cover story in BeautifulMag back in 2011. The images and story, The End of Innocence, focus Jay's love of vintage images.


Since shooting Jay as a model in front of the camera, Jake and Jay now shoot together frequently behind it Jay shares that the shoot with Mykee was actually Jake's shoot, as it was Jake who reached out to MyKee to set up and organize the shoot, Jay says he literally just showed up on the scheduled day with his camera.


 As a writer, I am always interested in what happens both in front of, and behind the camera and it's always fascinating to get a visual of the person who's images I'm featuring.  There is often a symmetry between viewer and vision, and Jake's physical appearance and aura match the strength and sensual edge I see within his images of Mykee.



No comments: