Friday, August 21, 2020

A Baker's Dozen: Keith


'In his theatre playbill bio, when asked what his hobbies were, Keith said "Working out. Acting. Working out. Acting. And working out.'


It's not really a surprise that so many of the models that I'm featuring in A Baker's Dozen are firsts. There images were the first shots that had me drawn to, and then contacting a photographer about spotlighting their work.  That's certainly the case with Keith, whose images (Visual Stimulation) were the focus the first time I featured the work of Atlanta photographer Carl Proctor.


I loved Carl's work with Keith and the variety of images they captured together.  Keith brings so much energy and fun to his work, not to mention his incredible body and sex appeal which Carl knew exactly how to creatively capture. Keith also brought a great sense of theatrics, something almost intrinsic given his years as an actor.  Carl not only used Keith's experience as an actor, it's also something he fully supported and enjoyed.


'I have had the pleasure of both working with and getting to know Keith over the past couple years. During that time I've also been enthralled watching him lose himself in a couple highly entertaining stage productions. As I would watch Keith on stage I would often think, "If the people in this theatre only knew how good Keith REALLY looks!". He would give me as much while modeling as he did to the audiences he performed for.'


Given his time on the stage, Keith was no shrinking violet.  Not only was he completely at ease and comfortable in front of the camera, he also enjoyed and got a kick out of how others reacted to his work, as an actor, and as a model.  Keith was also as big a fan of Carl's as Carl was of him.


'Working with Carl has been one of the best experiences of my career so far. Some of the best images in my portfolio were taken by him. Not only has he taught me so much about the art of creating a unique and brilliant photograph, but he has also helped me grow so much as a model. Working with Carl is so much fun and his shoots are always relaxing and stress free. He is always professional and respectful and he always notices the little things that really make his work standout.'
Keith


That first feature on Keith also began a long and gratifying relationship with Carl, and was the first of close to 30 features on the many incredible men that Carl has worked with.  Although I think Keith may be a sentimental favorite, Carl worked with an incredible array of men. (Check them all out HERE:)  Carl has always been one of my favorite photographers to feature, beyond just his great images.  Carl shared Keith's enthusiasm for the work, and I loved when he'd get in contact, excited to share the results of a recent shoot.


~Keith by Carl Proctor on FH~

2013 / 2016

2011 / 2012
Visual Stimulation


'Keith comes to each photo shoot excited and fully energized and willing to push the envelope in any direction. Watching someone like Keith mature and continually improve is very gratifying. After nearly ten years of working with hundreds of models, it is no stretch to say that Keith has become one of my proudest portfolio stars.'



No comments: