Thursday, May 6, 2021

Simon MacCorkindale in Death On The Nile


As Hercule Poirot enjoys a luxurious cruise down the Nile, a newlywed heiress is found murdered on board. Can Poirot identify the killer before the ship reaches the end of its journey?


I didn't initially DVR 1979's Death On The Nile because of actor Simon MacCorkindale, that was just a bonus.  I recorded it as I was shocked that I didn't know Maggie Smith, Bettte Davis and Angela Lansbury all appeared together in the same film!  The all-star cast not only includes Simon but also; Mia Farrow, Lois Chiles, David Niven and Peter Ustinov.   The delicious actor Jon Finch is also aboard the ship.  I featured what I believe is Finch's only nude scene HERE:


The movie is pure camp with Davis, Smith, Lansbury and company hamming it up.  I'm not really sure I've ever seen an Agatha Christie movie before, I may have years ago, but not that really remember. I do remember reading some of her plays in high school drama, but was a bit surprised at how over the top some of the scenes were.


It was an enjoyable journey down the Nile though, especially due to the great cast and their performances.  I think this was also the first time I've actually seen actor Simon MacCorkindale on film.   I of course knew who he was, but wasn't really over familiar with his work.  I mostly  knew him through promotional images from his television appearance.  The English actor had an impressive film career prior to his appearances on American television.


I remember after his death, I did a small R.I.P post on the site. After the post, I received a couple of e-mails asking that I do a more in depth post on the handsome actor.  I started one, but given I hadn't really seen Simon in anything, put it on pause.  After seeing him Death On The Nile, I thought it time to start it again.  Check out more of Simon on the NEXT PAGE which includes his two brief butt baring scenes on film.


Death On The Nile

No comments: