Wednesday, March 24, 2021

A Baker's Dozen: Mr. Herzog


'Out of all my shoots, Gordon has been the photographer that I have most enjoyed working with. He is so professional about everything and we both knew exactly what needed to happen.'
Mr. Herzog


I was first introduced to the hot Mr. Herzog by photographer Gordon Nebeker back in 2015.  I was immediately smitten after checking out the first sample image that Gordon sent on.  Sure the ex-military man was incredibly good looking, but he was also incredibly natural in front of the camera.  There was something very authentic about his look. Mr. Herzog wasn't taking it all off for the camera looking for fame or to stoke his ego.  He was proud of his body for sure, and the work he put into it, but transitioning back from overseas, and taking care of his family, were his primary goals.


Over the next several years, I was fortunate to be able to feature more of Gordon's work with Mr. Herzog.  Gordon knew I had a wee crush, and shared stories and images whenever they met up.  They both lived in separate States, so usually got together to shoot when one of them was traveling.  Mr. Herzog made it up to Boston, and Gordon scheduled shoots near Mr. Herzog's home when he was driving from between Massachusetts and Florida. 


You'll have to forgive me for sharing more than my usual dozen, (or Baker's dozen) shots for this piece.  I had a few extra images in my Mr. Herzog folders, images I couldn't fit in to previous posts.  Several of the shots included here have not previously been published on the site.


Many of you may remember that thanks to Gordon, Mr. Herzog was my first official FH Elf.  Back in 2015, Mr. Herzog took to the step ladder to decorate Gordon's Christmas tree.  He also helped FH celebrate the holiday.  Mr Herzog returned to his role as Christmas helper again the following year, (below) this time bringing his holiday cheer, not to mention his decorating skills, to the forest on a chilly winter's day.


Gordon Nebeker on Instagram | ModelMayhem


'Perhaps my favorite photograph from my entire work with Mr.Herzog is the multiple exposure shot which involved his being behind the cloth in one pose and in front of the cloth in another. Recorded by the camera as a single composite image, the photograph is full of movement and life! It looks simple but in fact takes a lot of patience and many iterations to get it right. Mr.Herzog was a champ through the whole effort and never complained about doing the same thing again and again until we found what we were looking for.' 


No comments: